We Did Make Progress

By Kimi Jamai - March 16, 2021

 Hey guys, Assalamualaikum.
Yepp, this blog is still around. How are you doing? Probably juggling 4-5 things at once right now right? Same here. Before you proceed, do play this song in the background. 


It's been 4 months since I made the jump to this new career. This new journey was scary at the beginning, well to be honest I still am scared. But slowly I'm feeling more comfortable and getting used to the job and the routine. This new environment gives me a lot of time and space to think about myself and my life. Looking back, I see now how much my work has consumed me previously. I didn't even notice that I  wasn't paying myself enough attention because my mind was 90% occupied with works. Now, this doesn't reflect the work nor the company, but more to how I wasn't able to properly juggle my works and life and ultimately cost me my mental health. 

I want you to know that, it is difficult to juggle between works, relationship, health and wealth and etc, I totally share the struggle. It doesn't seem to get easier pulak tu kan. Well, it might seem and feel like it doesn't get easier, but there is certainly some progress that you've made from where you begin. Do take time to see and appreciate how much you have progressed and grown through all the experiences and struggles that you've been through.

I used to be super stressed out to get to work because right when I woke up, I can already anticipate the hurdles that I was gonna need to go through that day, heck there was this one time I had to close 50 vacancies during the covid19 period and had to also take care of the cubicle management system of the company. I used to host 3 zoom interviews SERENTAK. I was almost literally wishing that I had one extra arm and ear that time. It was tough. I was not healthy, physically and mentally. But you know what, I survived, in fact, I managed to close all the vacancies while still managing the cubicle system. And now I am smiling thinking about me almost becoming an octopus conducting those Zoom interview sessions. It was tough but it was in the past and I am not gonna let that struggle go in vain, I choose to see and find the lesson from that event and how it actually helps me improve. While embracing the fact that it did also cost some "injuries'. The fact that we are able to smile upon our past struggles and embrace the injuries is also progress, okay.

Let us be real here, things are still going to come in our way, we still have to go on a battle every single day, a lot of things are beyond our control, and it is scary. Factor in, covid 19, MCO, failed government, fuhhh the anxiety. Its scary.  So, we gotta check in with ourselves from time to time if we are OKAY. Writing here sharing this point of view is one of my ways of coping with things also. It's almost like therapy for me. Find yours and really invest your time and energy into it. Taking care of our health mentally and physically is one of the few things that we can control. So let's put extra focus on it.

Okaylah guys, I'm sorry if this is weird ya. I do feel that it is important to talk about these kinds of things. My wife and I, if we talk or discuss works and life, mental health is always one of the angles that we look at. That is the direction that I'm going with the blog also, if you notice. Thanks for reading and I sincerely wish you all the best in what you do today and tomorrow and the day after that and always lah! May Allah bless. Take care. Assalamualaikum.



  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 Org Buat Aku Senyum

Komen jangan tak komen.. Makaseh :D